View Single Post
Old 26 October 2013, 02:12   #42
Rhialto

fs-uae 2.2.3

Hi all! I'm new here in this forum but I've been an Amigoid since around 1986 or so.

I am very happy that the development of UAE for Unix has been continued... uae and e-uae stopped working a long time ago.

I just packaged fs-uae for pkgsrc (see http://pkgsrc-wip.cvs.sourceforge.ne...ip/wip/fs-uae/ and I tried it out on the saved copy of my Amiga 4000/040 environment.

I noticed a few oddities:
  1. I use a screen mode "DBLPAL HighRes No Flicker" which is normally 640 x 512 but I overscanned it a bit to 672 x 532. It is specially designed for the "bi-sync" 1940 monitor. However, the horizontal overscan is not shown in fs-uae. That's a bit of a bother because that just hides the front/back gadget, the right-hand scroll bar, and the resize corner of most windows.
  2. I use my mouse left-handed, with the mouse buttons swapped (xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5"). However fs-uae ignores that, and forces me to move my mouse to my other hand.
  3. Similarly, I have my left control and caps lock keys switched. I do that with the xkb option "ctrl:swapcaps". This really confuses fs-uae. Neither key now does what it is supposed to do. Instead it seems to be a mix of the swapped and unswapped behaviour. The original caps-lock key seems to be a sort of control-lock now. This makes using the keyboard rather difficult...
  4. I have more than 4 harddisk partitions. And they are not called DH0: ... DH3. I can't find an option to choose the device names. My startup-sequence however refers to some of these disks, so it fails to work properly. And of course some of the disks are missing because you can select only 4 of them.
  5. And as a last item, the launcher throws lots of exceptions "NotImplementedError: wx.GraphicsContext is not available on this platform." and its window is missing the buttons to swap between the panes. If you know where to click, it switches panes, but I only know that because I happened to see the linux version first...

That's it for now! It may seem a lot of complaints but in the grand scheme of things, the things that are working are amazing and these are mere details.
Thanks for doing it!

Page generated in 0.05480 seconds with 11 queries