View Single Post
Old 24 September 2015, 10:47   #30
bernd roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhants View Post
Apols for the dumb question but I am just about to move over from 32 bit Windows 8.1 to 64 bit Windows 10 (on a new PC) and trying to understand the significance of this thread. I understand I need JIT running properly to get a decent 'modern' amiga experience and have been running AmiKit 8 and ClassicWB configs under WinUAE 3.0.0 (and 3.1.0) for a good couple of years now as well as a 'classic' A500 config also under 3.0.0. I mostly run the AmiKit & ClassicWB configs to run current demos off Pouet and some other modern bits.

I don't want to run FS-UAE as I don't want that silly front end stuff & basically want to carry on using a relatively recent WinUAE (3.x onwards) but clearly need JIT running to get the basic speed. Is the gist of this thread that 64 bit UAE JIT development is restricted to FS-UAE or is it common to both FS-UAE & WinUAE? If the latter then presumably I can expect things to be ok can I? If the former though why is the 64-bit JIT development restricted to FS-UAE - WinUAE is surely the most commonly used & best version?

Thanks
64 bit windows can run all 32 bit programs. You can run 32bit winuae/fs-uae on 64 bit linux/windows. only if 64 bit jit work confirm stable, should use it.

@jbl007
Quote:
Easy... depends... You need to HD-Rec running.
have you segtracker running, and can you post a segment offset the crash happen in hd-rec ?. i can then look in source what is done here. also tell where have you download the hd-rec version you test. to be sure we use the same version

the fft demo use as far i know all 68k fpu instructions amiblitz generate. hd-rec is written in amiblitz. And as told, fftdemo work on 64 bit JIT. So my guess, maybe there is a problem in integer jit too. does hd-rec work, when 64 bit JIT fpu is switch off ?

Last edited by bernd roesch; 24 September 2015 at 10:57.

Page generated in 0.06578 seconds with 11 queries