View Single Post
Old 17 August 2017, 20:09   #51
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Now indirect uae boot rom address space (upper 64k which has trap data area) is forced to not cache anything. Now it also works without MMU but data cache enabled.
Thanks, it works on my config without pre-MMU setup
(so I can enable/change/test MMU code in every situation when I boot from FS ROM)

Just for the record, I sorted out my previous problems: a Setpatch/MuLibs conflict (so I know how to replicate WinUAE 'bad' crash).

I was using OS3.9 with a BoingBag Setpatch (v44.38).
MuLibs on install declare that can patch Setpatch v44.xx editions but effectively v44.38 in not recognized/patched and for some reason 68030.library is not updated.
So I temporary copied Setpatch 43.7, updated MuLibs and restarted: a 'hybrid' 3.1 start and use the dummy 680x0.library that call the right needed library, but the system somehow works.
Now I re-copied the v44.38 setpatch and rebooted: the system works in OS3.9 mode and MMU works because v44.38 call directly 68030.library (only with a forced DataCache Burst mode enabled but can be easily disabled)..

Toni, so to replicate crash (tested): use OS3.9, use Setpatch v44.38, temporary rename 68030.library (so unused), reboot, the system crash (justly), click 'reboot' or 'suspend' and WinUAE get totally stuck and you need to remove process from task manager.
Or simply ignore this corner case and live happy

I surely appreciate this new auto-non-cache FS indirect ROM mode choice

Thanks!
ross

Page generated in 0.19155 seconds with 11 queries