View Single Post
Old 27 June 2012, 12:56   #686
fgh

Zetro: These quotes are from the threads you linked to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
The only real tricky bit is setting up the MAXTRANSFER setting, 0x1fe0000 (you may need to pad an extra zero or two depending on what version of HDInstTool or HDToolsBox you are using.
A possible pit fall is if the circuitry of the CF card does not allow for ATA mode, this will cause an issue with the Amiga IDE as it will be seen as a removable device, I believe you can use the latest HDInstallTools to get around this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
All my ide devices go through an ide buffered device
First of all - if you are using idefix (with or without your buffered IDE interface) this explains the incompatibility with removable type CF cards.
It's a bug/outdated design by elaborate bytes in idefix and all the drivers they made for Individual computers.

I also have to point out again that the maxtransfer value that you keep providing is wrong, the correct value is 0x1fe00.
Wrong figures with three and four zeroes are mentioned too many times on EAB, and lots of them come from you. You would help many people if you went back and removed some of them

You mention 'ATA mode' in the quote above and 'ATA mode 0' on the previous page. I think you might be mixing ATA modes with a device's identification as removable vs fixed.
I was bloody confused, and I did some research and made this long post with more info if you want to look more into it.

Have a good day!

Page generated in 0.07030 seconds with 11 queries