View Single Post
Old 30 August 2023, 15:38   #169
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
1. WinUAE crashes if you trying to allocate a very large amount of memory (e.g. $40000000, but I think in general more than fits into debug memory). Repro in attached "alloc.exe"
Fixed

Quote:
I also think that trying to allocate an "abnormally" large amount of memory (say >=64MB) should cause a debug break, since it's going to be an error in 99.9% of cases. In the case I was looking at the upper word of D0 was junk when AllocMem was called.
Unfortunately someone's abnormal can be someone else's normal

Quote:
2. It seems like something can go awry after reporting an error.
This has been mentioned previously. CPU emulator can't detect this situation because CPU always prefetches at least one word after last instruction and it gets detected as self-modifying code.

Maybe some instructions can be special cased (RTS etc) but it gets difficult with jump instructions because they can have different addressing modes and this kind of hack shouldn't be part of CPU emulator anyway.

Switch of CPU prefetch emulation ("more compatible") to get rid of it. (Or change the structure of the data, mixing non-static data and code is ugly in my opinion and also makes executable larger. Address register relative is usually most optimal)

Quote:
4. HUNK_DREL32 (1015) doesn't seem to be supported - vasm will output these when not assembling with -kick1hunks. "drel32.exe" attached.
Implemented.

Page generated in 0.04321 seconds with 11 queries