View Single Post
Old 18 March 2017, 10:34   #81
Master484

Quote:
I can give you any arcade asset from the arcade if you need it Master484.
I know, but it's still better to wait before ripping any GFX from the arcade.

I already have the US Gold version graphics from Codetapper's website, and I can make the first playable demo with them. And I can easily "emulate" the drawing stress of the arcade character sizes by simply making the BOB image areas bigger; so the actual arcade graphics files aren't yet needed in this experimentation phase.

And when or if the playable demo is one day ready, then we can make more accuracte plans on what size gfx to use, and what stuff needs be ripped from the arcade.

---

Also 25 FPS, although an acceptable frame rate for 128 colors, isn't really ideal for a game like this. So I'll make further tests to see if I can make this run at 50 FPS, without sacrificing the color amount and screen size too much.

Yesterday I just noticed that using 32 pixel fetch mode instead of the 64 pixel fetch mode actually freed 4 sprite channels, which could be used for two 64 pixel wide 16 color sprites. Which is good, but if the characters are in 64 colors, then the 16 color sprites can't be used for them.

But I'll experiment more to see if more sprite channels can be made available somehow, and also I'll test how things would look in 64 color mode, with some kind of combination of 48 color backround and 16 color BOBs and sprites; that might even run at 50 FPS, which would be awesome.

Page generated in 0.04272 seconds with 11 queries