View Single Post
Old 07 February 2019, 21:50   #754
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hth313 View Post
I actually see it the other way around, this is a problem for Hyperion. They did not buy anything, they got compensation related to doing OS4 work, which basically granted them the work itself and everything related to be able to keep doing it. It did not give them ownership of anything from Amiga Inc, it gave them a unique position to continue work on OS4.

It is very clearly stated in that agreement that Amiga Inc is the owner.
Well, then you need to read the court documents: Cloanto is the one challenging the agreement directly, and asking it to be invalidated.

All of Hyperion┬┤s rights are based in that agreeement. They havent challenged it and will most likely never do it.

The problem is not who is the owner, the problem is who has rights to do certain things.

Quote:
Now you lost me, what does aprons got to do with it? If you translate aprons to kickstarts, then it does not hold as both parties do sell kickstarts and OS 3.
That is why you need to read the court documents: one of the most solid claims Amiga Inc has against Hyperion is the one of trademark infringement, which involves selling merchandise. Between the merchandise mentioned, there are kitchen aprons.

Quote:
I do not agree with you on that Cloanto gets the shortest end here, I rather think they will reach some sort of agreement.
It is okay that we do not agree.

And I hope you are right and they solve all disputes with an agreeement.
I just see them both prepared to destroy the other.

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 11 queries