View Single Post
Old 17 December 2019, 13:43   #3
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Shinehead feat. Sting - Jamaican in New York (1992) though I prefer the original version (moving all of the 70s & 90s stuff from the other thread)

[ Show youtube player ]

Michael Jackson - Rock with You (1979)
... though for me, the absolute best version is from the late South African trumpet player Hugh Masekela. Don't get me wrong, Quincy Jones arrangements on the album this was taken from are top notch (as always).

[ Show youtube player ]

Gary Moore - Parisianne Walkways (1979)
Trottoir is a male type name, so it ought to be "Parisiens Walkways" but anyway. Song was often aired on radio during the late 90s.

[ Show youtube player ]

Crystal Waters - Gipsy Woman (1991)

[ Show youtube player ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Rock with You (1979)... version from the late South African trumpet player Hugh Masekela
Just found the song posted on YT (by Sony Music community manager, who would have thought ?), so here it is. So much better than MJ / QJ version it's not even fair, wouldn't you agree ? That album 'Beatin' around de bush' (double entendre) was released in 1992. Also, Miriam Makeba from Pata Pata fame was Hugh ex-wife in case some of you ignored that bit of trivia.

[ Show youtube player ]

Two more songs :

Billy Ray Cirus - Achy Breaky Heart (1993)

[ Show youtube player ]

Héroes Del Silencio - Entre dos tierras (1990)

[ Show youtube player ]

U2 feat. David Howell Evans aka the Edge - Numb (1993), not a huge fan of U2 myself, except with the Joshua Tree, they never really were hitting top gear, it's a bit sad they gave up on rock music that way, in a snap so to speak.

[ Show youtube player ]

Nick Kamen - I Promised Myself (1990, the vastly superior radio edit)

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by SquawkBox; 18 December 2019 at 01:24.

Page generated in 0.04225 seconds with 11 queries