View Single Post
Old 13 October 2013, 15:33   #70
Bloodwych

I tried WBStartup++ in CWB35 and as you said it works fine with the transparent tool type enabled and CyberBugfix only (no CGX-AGA in startup-sequence).

Speaking of which, here is someone using the CGX-AGA pack to play Wolfinstein MAC version on a 030 Amiga! Just to confirm it is an RTG driver for AGA.

[ Show youtube player ]

I'd imagine you need CGX-AGA in the startup sequence for the AGA screenmodes to show up in RTG programs as long as the program doesnt require higher than 8-bit colour support. If it does, it probably won't work anyway on AGA.

However, I have no RTG 8-bit programs lying around to test. I'd like to know if CyberBugfix can be used as a stand alone, or if CGX-AGA is actually required in the Startup-Sequence. It states in the CyberBugfix readme that it started out as a CGX-AGA companion, but then went on to become something more - obviously it still uses the cgxsystem.library.

The CGX-AGA executable itself (which says in the readme it's a replacement for CGXAGA that comes with the CGXv3 pack) on Aminet can be used in place of CyberBugfix - it's only about 260k - and you still get the CHIPRAM savings. However then I get the trashed browser icons in OS35 and not sure if it's missing the other fixes like memory leak etc listed under the CyberBugfix readme.

At the moment I'm leaving it as running Cyberbugfix executable only without CGX-AGA executable, until I have a reason to do otherwise.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 13 October 2013 at 17:02.

Page generated in 0.08586 seconds with 11 queries