View Single Post
Old 31 May 2012, 14:09   #11
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Hi, Just tried to read the Elton Bird interview and found the screen was almost impossible to read. My view is pictured below. The screen is 1280 x 1024 (which is the maximum resolution available on my NVidia 8800 GT card).

First of all, I don't want to know how to get a better screen resolution for my setup. I want to use what I have but I want to be able to see more. Most of the other interviews look fine, and take up 2/3rds of the screen, this one takes up just 1/3rd. This means the interview is very hard to read (imagine this on an Iphone!)

I can't help feeling that this is just a technical issue because of the photos etc. Then again, it might help to reduce the title bar section at the top down from 1/4 of the whole screen to about 1/6th or 1/8th so that it gives the main content plenty of room for the future. Compared to most sites (look at Lemon Amiga) your logo is MASSIVE and this room could be used for a secondary navi-bar (which includes a radio perhaps). The blank space next to the search bar is also a bit wasted considering all those items could be squeezed into the navi bar above...?

Lastly, even if non of these options are suitable, I'd certainly suggest it is possible to move Eltons photos and intro blerb into the actual interview section as the first entry, so returning the available screen space back to 2/3rds at the least.

Hope you don't mind a comment at this stage, it might save you time later when the site becomes packed to the gills.

BTW, AmigaPD.com was just about to email Elton Bird for an interview, you beat us to it.

Last edited by lifeschool; 31 May 2012 at 14:21.

Page generated in 0.04106 seconds with 11 queries