View Single Post
Old 24 October 2018, 00:17   #2
desiv

Not totally sure what you are asking for, but some thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgam View Post
Is it possible to make versions of these games, without modifying the game code, that will work easily on emulators such as winuae? It seems ADF format is the most commonly used, but we’re wondering why non-cracked versions don’t seem to exist in this format? If we need to use something other than ADF, what’s the simplest solution?
ADF doesn't really support any significant copy protection. So you won't find copy protected games in ADF format.
For that you need IPF and/or CTRaw formats.
You can find IPF files on the internet, but you'll have to go thru them to find protected versions. A lot of the IPF versions are cracked also.

You can create them yourself, but you'll need Kryoflux...

You might be able to do something similar with Jim Drew's Supercard, but it came out after I bought my Kryoflux, so I'm not familiar with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgam View Post
Also are there ways to play without kickstart rom? We don’t have the rights to this software (if it’s even possible to license) but would rather find a way not to use it. A simple emulator with game disk file is what we’re looking for.
Again, tricky. There was work on a free kickstart (AROS based) file, but for games, I'd think it probably isn't going to be very compatible???
A lot of games hit the hardware and probably expect the original kickstart.

Page generated in 0.06847 seconds with 11 queries