View Single Post
Old 26 May 2023, 16:15   #58
rhester72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
To put it simply, you've made modifications to the disk to get as close as possible to the original, but none of them can be verified as safe and identical to the original Commodore disk that came out of the factory.
A kind of approximation to give the illusion, but it's not preservation.
However, it does have the merit of being functional, but Lynk's copy is probably closer to the original than your version and without tweaking
I just got a look at Lynk's dump, and you're indeed correct - the dates I corrected are indeed different (and newer). This is particularly surprising given the means by which Commodore prepared releases - US always came first, followed by UK, NL, IT, and others. I have no reasonable explanation for why the .info file would be older on International releases, but it obviously is (I can easily explain why the .info is older than the icons in a directory, but that's just another artifact of how Commodore prepared the master disks).

Thank you for the pointer - this is absolutely the cleanest yet! (Though I wonder what makes you suspect the rootblock was altered by diskcopy...simply opening the disk icon is enough to alter the rootblock to mirror the update to the root .info file).

Page generated in 0.15706 seconds with 11 queries