View Single Post
Old 15 November 2004, 18:42   #11
Bloodwych

The classicwb lite does get neglected in terms of testing time as I have an expanded A1200, therefore the full versions tend to receive my full attention. People's experiences are what help me identify problems which I’m always willing to address...however…

Didn't you read the advice on the webpage/web-manual in the tips section ? The reason I pointed you there was the low-chipram advice. It gives you tips on how to run programs using max mem.

The next light version will have a mouse selection utility (like mentioned in tips) to boot between a max mem and the normal lite setup. Probably should have been added a long time ago but no one ever mentioned issues with the lite.

There is no way it can be any lighter in its default state without losing key useful features. As it is, it boots with 1600K free which isn’t too bad. Even the prefs/env is only holding the absolute bare minimum files. To remove more programs like tools demon, look in the wb-startup drawer and move any icons you wish. Really though, it might as well just be a default wb 3 install.

Using the other methods outlined in the help file provided (including cli/RAD methods), stripping down the classicwb lite can be totally avoided.

Page generated in 0.07502 seconds with 11 queries