View Single Post
Old 24 April 2015, 19:57   #3
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Niobyte
Yeh, I saw your post about the Spanish version of Neverending Story II not long after you opened the thread. I was up late doing HOL stuff that night, but Belgarath beat me to the punch and had already upped your DBS + screenshots. Good stuff!

BTW I've been meaning to ask for ages, how did you first stumble on to Spanish versions of Amiga games and then decide to start collecting them? The way I ended up with so many German releases of games in my collection is mostly through a private purchase I did with an ex-German dealer around 2000. I bought two large 20kg boxes of Ami games, and Pipeline was part of that deal. Ever since, I've been a bit fascinated by the German releases and have picked up more of them here and there on Ebay (like Biing and Lettrix, which have just arrived in the mail!).

It's the same thing with North American releases - I've done a few large private/Ebay deals with U.S. sellers in the past and have a lot of them in my collection. The interesting thing about some of them is how the releases have been tailored to suit the North American market, where the Amiga wasn't anywhere near as rampantly popular as it was in Europe. Also, some of the early obscure U.S. releases (1985-88) - which sometimes only made it to Europe or over here on "import only" at ridiculous prices - are quite interesting from a historical perspective.

Anyway, back to Pipeline - no, I don't have a Kryoflux......but Denis has already asked me to dump it for his own "analysis" purposes, so I'll probably give the KryofluxFree software a whirl some time soon!

Last edited by DrBong; 24 April 2015 at 20:05.

Page generated in 0.05406 seconds with 11 queries