View Single Post
Old 21 September 2019, 17:30   #2328
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Again, this evening I've been perfecting my MAC game .HDFs...

Beside anything else listed in the thread so far regarding these, today I have undertaken the following:
  • Renamed "Prince of Persia 2" --> "Prince of Pesia 2 - The Shadow & The Flame".
  • Set memory within MAC emulation to "32MB" as opposed to "20MB".
  • Removed "Summer" mode from all "ShapeShifter Prefs" files; and made sure all were standardised in terms of settings.
  • Disabled "This computer may not have been shut down properly..." warning in the "StarterdiskQT.hfv" file.
  • Due to the above, removed the need to copy a clean file over the top of the old one upon boot for "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans". This now means that all MAC games support native saving from within MAC emulation.
  • Cleaned up the "S/Startup-Sequence" file on all .HDFs to remove redundant entries.
  • Within MAC emulation, renamed any "GameHDD" hard drives to <gamename>; be it abbreviated sometimes.
So, please do the following:
  • Delete the configuration file "Prince of Persia 2 [AGA] [ShapeShifter].uae" from under "C:\WinUAE\Configurations".
  • Delete the <gamedir> "Prince of Persia 2 MAC" from under "C:\WinUAE\Games".
  • Delete the SaveState "Prince of Persia 2 MAC.uss" from under "C:\WinUAE\SaveStates"
  • Download and extract the following into "C:\WinUAE".
Don't forget this trick for "Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow & The Flame" in order to see the intro / cutscenes properly: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=422

That really should be it for all these MAC games added so far
A note about saving games in MAC emulation.

With these games you can just save, wait for the write to finish and quit emulation:
  • Alone in the Dark.
  • Prince of Persia.
With these games however, you need to save and then quit the game back to the MAC OS otherwise:
  • Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow & The Flame: save file isn't there.
  • Warcraft - Orcs & Humans: save file is there, but if you try to load it you get the following:

• Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness: save file isn't there.
...or just use "SaveStates"; I haven't encountered any issues as yet.

Last edited by DamienD; 21 September 2019 at 20:00.

Page generated in 0.13481 seconds with 11 queries