View Single Post
Old 19 November 2016, 09:28   #21
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Well, spent way too much time trying to get this to work correctly and I can't. So I'm currently dual booting Knoppix with KX Light with Amiga forever installed as a CD. The install to Hard Drive uncompressed option works but for some reason it is set to shutdown (kill all processes) right after the X-Window session closes which I posted about earlier. I cannot seem to get it to stop doing that and just load up uae to workbench. Sucks really.

Going back to what kind of works and then installing the adf mounter. At least with the dual boot scenario I can boot in to Knoppix and load up all the adfs to the amiga setup.

I can't even get the uae floppy emulation to work, so I have to rely on Akira's solution.

What the heck Cloanto, isn't there any interest in making this product better?
I too have encountered these same problems with KX Light. Amiga Forever 2016 produces a corrupt ISO, so KX Light won't even install, it has corrupt files.
Amiga Forever 2012 does install correctly but shuts down as soon as it loads as you found out. I have tried installing this on various hardware over the last few years but never had any success, it really does suck!
I've decided to avoid purchasing any new versions of Amiga Forever until Cloanto sort it out.
There is no point in purchasing the same thing every year when the parts your most interested in don't even work!
I don't think Cloanto have even touched KX Light for several years, they really need to update it and iron out the bugs. They are down one customer here until they do!

Page generated in 0.08128 seconds with 11 queries