View Single Post
Old 14 January 2010, 15:48   #42
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Why port the Atari ST version and not edit the Amiga version? - Sounds intresting though porting the ST version.
Because the Atari ST version is much simpler. Really. CSBWin is based on ST version, too.

However, as time passes, features of Amiga versions come in this one, e.g. drink directly at a fountain or click on walls to detect hidden passages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
This could be because you used non-important items such as Screamer slices. Such items can disappear to make room in the item database.
Game has a limited room to store objects, and some monsters actually produce some. Those are marked as "flushable" ; if you want to mark places you'd better use objects that were here from the start.
Even DM2 does this object removeal. Changing this would require a completely incompatible format (this is what CsbWin did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan View Post
I killed every single monster in the object hall, been through the "slow/fast progression" part, found a diamond key. Now I'm running up and down every single level so far, but I'm stuck, really!
And I noticed screamers and worms re-generate no longer, I'm kinda starving!
How many keys (and of which type) did you find, and where ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan View Post
It's a pity I can't progress any longer. I've really been anywhere and double-checked every single wall, button, corridor, everything. I just can't find the last damn key for the "concentrator". It seems there's no monsters left too, it's sooo silent in here! (and I feel damn lonely too! )
Didn't you miss one gold key ?

Quote:
Hi meynaf,

I've been trying your nightmare dungeon again. This time I'm doing it my way, and I'm going solo Guess what? I've found a way to kill the monsters in the hell, err, hall of champions Halk is now Craftsman Fighter, Craftsman Ninja, Novice Priest and Journyman Wizard, heheh.

The 'technique' isn't perfect yet, it's my first try with this method, and I've exhausted the food you can find early on (where the monsters don't follow), and Halks food is running in the yellows. However, it works, and I've basically allowed myself to take too much damage, resulting in having to rest a lot more than needed. With enough finesse it's probably possible to clear the whole hall of champions of monsters right from the start.

I'll let you know how it goes.
I would have told you I don't think you will kill all monsters in here without starving. But...

Quote:
Hey meynaf, it's me again

I tried this solo thing again, this time with a reincarnated Halk. It's going much better. He has 200 health now and is Journeyman Fighter and Ninja, Apprentice Priest and Novice Wizard. His equipment is full metal armor from the big armored guy which I managed to kill He still has food and water left too, and I'm still in the hall of champions killing monsters Turns out this part of the game is much easier than I thought, hehe.

It is possible. I've cleared about 3/4 of the hall of champions now. Here's the save file: Attachment 23956
You're quite a player, for sure !

Page generated in 0.05544 seconds with 11 queries