View Single Post
Old 25 January 2018, 11:59   #403
Amiga68k

Below you can see my findings of testing the various configurations I have in relation to my Display driver settings. My WinUAE setup consists of two scenarios I use frequently.

Scenario 1, Games setup (OS3.1 RTG, WHDLoad)

Goal of this setup: proper framerate on Native display using D3D11 in combination with Low latency VSync

- Intel HD settings: 50p Hz

The following two combinations work as desired (work as desired = above mentioned goal reached):
1. Full screen, 720 x 576 with setting 'Default refresh rate', Triple buffering on Host Display tab
2. Windowed, 720 x 576 with setting 'Default refresh rate', Triple buffering on Host Display tab

- Intel HD settings: 60p Hz Refresh Rate

The following combination works as desired:
1. Full screen, 720 x 576 with setting '50Hz PAL', Triple buffering on Host Display tab

The second combination doesn't work as desired:
2. Windowed, 720 x 576 with setting '50Hz PAL', Triple buffering on Host Display tab

Setting the Refresh rate on the Host Display tab doesn't seem to cause a change, both default and 50 Hz PAL cause an increase in speed (sound output has a higher pitch). Is this related to the 'Windowed' setup? Is it not possible to change FPS in Windowed mode?

Looking at the above situation, there is a solution for this issue: put the Intel HD settings on 50p Hz. Unfortunately this causes some bad side-effects for my second scenario:

Scenario 2, Productivity setup (OS3.9 RTG, 68060, Toccata, etc.)

Goal of this scenario: proper sound output on RTG display

- Intel HD settings: 60p Hz

The following two combinations work as desired:

1. Windowed, 1024 x 768 with setting 'Chipset', Double buffering on Hardware RTG board tab
2. Full screen, 1024 x 768 with setting 'Chipset', Double buffering on Hardware RTG board tab

Sound output: OK

- Intel HD settings: 50p Hz

The following combination works as desired:
1. Windowed, 1024 x 768 with setting 'Chipset', Double buffering on Hardware RTG board tab

The second combination doesn't work as desired:
2. Full screen, 1024 x 768 with setting '50', Double buffering on Hardware RTG board tab

Sound output: NOK. Better than having the setting on 'Chipset', Double buffering on Hardware RTG board tab (which causes a real slow-down in sound output), but still 'cracks' are heard with peaks in volume.

To conclude my findings:

- For the Games setup, the Intel HD settings: 50p Hz is perfect
- For the Productivity setup, the Intel HD settings: 60p Hz is perfect

Is there a possibility to have perfect conditions without touching the Intel HD settings? What do you need from me to be able to investigate should something go wrong?

Page generated in 0.05773 seconds with 11 queries