View Single Post
Old 02 August 2014, 23:08   #1
K-teto

Dune in spanish, correcting a mistake from 9 years ago

Hi.

This is my first post here with a new account since the old one got deleted, due to inactivity I think.

9 years ago, in 2005, I made a dump of my Dune floppies in spanish, thinking they were ok, uploaded them and these are the adf images you can find in tosec, there is the thread where a it was announced.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=19496

The fact is that I never knew these disk were added to the tosec archive until a couple of days, I was thinking that there were no public dumps for this game in spanish and mine didn't work correctly.
So, after downloading them, thinking they were from someone else, tried them and they had the same errors mine had in disk 1.
The first disk just doesn't boot to the game, it throws an error.
Checked the md5 for the file found in tosec and the file I have here and I can confirm these are the dumps I made back in 2005.

Now the good part.
I still have the disks where those images came from and I've been able to repair the images using these disks, at least the first one, the one with the bad sectors, that surprisingly is not infected with saddam virus in my physical disk.

What I did was, first of all, writing the adf you can find in tosec (or the one I've had here for 9 years, it doesn't matter, it's the same one) to a physical floppy, then using tsgui, started to read the disk made from the image and when it arrived at an error, swapped disks with the one I have here, getting a complete image of the disk, with no bad sectors, hopefully.

I have tested it and it does boot without any issues, can get in the game, play around...
I've not tested them thoughtfully, but I'm pretty sure this is a good dump of the first disk without virus.

Now, how can I submit it to the TOSEC to get it added and this way, replace the old one with this?
I'm going to correct my mistake, 9 years without a good working dump are too many years.

Page generated in 0.04367 seconds with 11 queries