View Single Post
Old 07 December 2017, 22:06   #10
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
really tricky doing reaching early startup menu for boot without startup-sequence in winuae!
emulation is so incredibly fast...
Or slow the emulation with Chipset, Cycle-exact (DMA/Memory access). The other Cycle might not be needed. Now you have delayed reboot time as well.

I didn't see this demo back in the day. Now that I've checked it, and it displays well with my Amiga 4000 and WinUAE; the graphics for the day are pretty good. The music, for me, is way too repetitive..I had to mute it. Reminds me of rap today. I was disappointed by the Pagan/Wicca Pentacle being turned into the misinformed Pentagram at the end. Pagans and Wiccans are very loving people...nothing "Evil" about what they do.

But anyway, with sound muted, I laughed a bit. The graphics look like Genetic Species but that game is a bit more polished. I'm using a Picasso 4 and CSPPC. Didn't notice any display problems at all. I have Workbench set to a Picasso 96 screen, and saw the WB between each load. The Picasso 4 screens leave almost all CHIP RAM free when using OS 3.1 to 3.5. With 3.9 and BB4, all is free.

Checking into what you're doing... With a real Amiga is there is less than 1, 739MB CHIP free, then you're going to hear the music but not see the graphics. Stop any background or reduce the colors of the Workbench screen to free CHIP memory. Use, ohh...32 Colors and disable Background image if you're using plain AGA. Reset the machine once saved. The demo likes contiguous RAM. When using WinUAE..change from 2MB to 4 or more. Now you be able to start it from WB and all should be fine. Should be without a blank screen and WB should SHOULD come back fine, unless there is something else happening with your setup, as Stingray commented.

A tip: I used Directory Opus 5 (I love it!!) to make a new Alien2 directory with an Info icon. Moved the files to that directory, and then made the new directory show all files without Icons. Then selected Alien2.bat then using Information I check the "Script" box and saved. Now, Double Click it..and plays fine. However, I commented out the last file...I don't enjoy seeing the Pentacle perverted that way...and it doesn't really ADD anything to the demo. After it's done, WB shows as it should...nothing is corrupt. Using straight AGA or Picasso 4 active.

Hope this is helpful to you or someone else.

Page generated in 0.05022 seconds with 11 queries