View Single Post
Old 12 May 2009, 11:49   #1
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

CARE Request: Tubular Worlds AGA - CD32 Fix

Following the success of my previous CD32 request, I thought I'd try my luck with another...

Find attached a fully working copy of the AGA version of Tubular Worlds, taken from a CD32 disc and originally created from a HD installed version of the game. This is not a WHDLoad version, these are the files that came on the original disks. (see: http://hol.abime.net/4595)

The game already works fine on the CD32 console - it is entirely joypad controlled apart from one oversight... highscore entry requires a keyboard! This is a real shame as Tubular Worlds is a superb arcade-style shoot 'em up, and the CD32 doesn't have many of them.

All the game needs is a small modification to the high score entry system so that the Return key is also mapped to the Red CD32 button. This will enable players to skip entering a highscore and replay the game without resetting the console.

Of course, if someone wants to recode the highscore system so that it is entirely joypad controlled - please be my guest - but really all the game needs is this small patch to make it playable on a standard CD32 console.

Any takers?
Attached Files
File Type: zip TubularWorldsAGA.zip (1.60 MB, 704 views)

Page generated in 0.06100 seconds with 12 queries