Thread: One more in!!
View Single Post
Old 05 May 2012, 18:46   #1
Setebos

Happy One more in!!

Hi all!
I'm more of an Atari/CPC dude, but I chose to replay many of my Atari games on the Amiga to enjoy the superior graphics (although when it comes to the sound/music, I tend to favour the more gritty noise of the Atari CPUs). I spent a large amount of my life twenty years ago on the Atari, now I think I can spare some more for the Amiga.
I came here largely to get to know more about how to make the damned WinUAE work.
I'm afraid I won't add much to the community though, as I'm mainly looking for ready-made configs to run some games as smoothly as possible on the emulator (with a dual core AMD and Win Xp), but man, what a mess. It is powerful, but you really have to be a "power user" to get the best out of it and it takes so much time and frustration. Plus I still haven't found a way to accelerate the loading times (you have such options in other emulators). I suppose it's probably there in WinUAE but I don't know where.
As for the configs, I'm not sure where to start from. I saw someone called Mike-something here who had posted a compilation of three thousand configs zipped into one archive but I'm just incapable of finding the file.

Page generated in 0.04061 seconds with 11 queries