View Single Post
Old 14 July 2017, 22:07   #1
Big Supes

Help Regarding WHDLoad and ACA500 Plus

Hi guys,

Newbie here.

Long time Amiga lover. Me and my bro got our first Amiga 500 (joint Xmas present) in 1989 and it has always taken a special place in my childhood memories. The music, graphics (for back then) and the game play. The Amiga was simply mesmerising... especially coming from an Acorn Electron!!

To cut a long story short, I have recently restored an old Amiga 500 that had been put onto a shed and forgotten about for the last 15 years. It had seen better days! I took it home, cleaned it up and now it looks like new.

Sadly 90% of all the old floppy disks had given up which left me with an urge to get more games and software. After being absent from the Amiga scene for a mere 23 years, I took to the internet to research my options.

Hello ACA500 Plus, a competition pro joystick and RyS MkII. After looking into WHDLoad, I found myself wondering if there is an easier way to transfer the files with the ACA500 Plus from the aux cf card slot??

I've had a look on the Individual Computers site and read the instructions, but it's kinda vague regarding file transfer.

Am I right in thinking I just need to subscribe to WHDLoad, download the zip files and then extract them in Workbench? I noticed a lot of people use Classic Workbench running in WinUAE to do this, where as I should be able to do this with the ACA500 Plus?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.04681 seconds with 11 queries