View Single Post
Old 24 March 2019, 01:19   #266
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
the other thing is, that maybe Galahad is already working on a major release for all of you, but didnt told us anything about, to keep the surprise... ahwell just an idea .... on the other hand, i give a fuck how long it takes. he has all the time he needs, and if there is nothing anymore to release, or not worth the hassle, then ALL IS FINE with me. i think i personaly(and alot others too) supported the Amiga Freaks in the 80s and 90s enuff with major releases, so many amiga firsts, its crazy to see people complaining 30yrs later for the last ones ...... get a life... tsk
Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, many people believe they have a right to complain but that doesn't mean their complaint is right!

A similar arrogance shown itself on the other thread where people slated Cloanto for legitimately buying the Amiga licence and now frustrated that they don't release it for free!

I'm not so desperate to see these releases but I'm grateful that someone took the time to collect them!

I see the collection as a museum: it's there, it's history, it's beautiful, it's curated for our pleasure and we can appreciate the content when displayed or given to us but it doesn't give us a right to have it!

Don't bite that hand that feeds... I wouldn't be surprised if this remained as a private release and if it did, so be it. As per the Galahad comment, how it would annoy me if I was working on something in my free time, unpaid, for the pleasure of others and then those same people throw negative comments at the very essence of the delay.

Kudos to you for collecting this stuff! Thank you for sharing the picture in the 1st thread! I remember when I saw it, I was in awe of the hardware I never had at the time!

Just a thought, since this is likely to be a fairly impressive collection/release for the community if and when it sees the light of day, is it worth crowd funding to help support those working in the shadows?...

I was going to end with the quotes from The Dark Knight but I leave that to the imagination...

Page generated in 0.06038 seconds with 11 queries