View Single Post
Old 08 September 2018, 22:18   #5
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by iXien View Post
Hi Amigajay,

I'm really touched by the fact that you're the first one to reply me as I know the great work you make on CD32 conversions.

I understand perfectly that 1x drive and only 1Mb ChipRAM can be a break to adapt a CD32 game to CDTV, even when all the files are OCS compatible. That's just an idea What I think interesting is that Core Design cartoons seem not to be heavy as CDXL HAM6 videos, more like Deluxe Paint animations with not all pixels to change every frame. If you look inside the Bubba'n Stix CD, you can see a 397Kb "Intro" file and the rest is composed with the known game files. Chuck Rock 2 ? 9Mb file but it includes 8SVX sound. That's why I wonder if it would not work even with a 1x CD player.

But if not, no problem, I think that "just" add CD soundtrack would be wonderful. About the difficulty, I suppose that it is the reason why your unofficial release of Lemmings doesn't include the CD soundtrack found on all the other CD based versions of the game.

What you're telling about the JOTD great work on adding CD soundtrack is really wonderful. So maybe some games will be patched at last

It would be nice not to forget CDTV You talk about RAM restrictions but a lot of 1Mb based Amiga games perfectly work on a stock CDTV, even with CDTV ROM active. And if they are natively AmigaDOS compatible, it should be less difficult to work on them not using WHDLoad that required a lot of extra memory. I think about adventure games and more generally all natively HDD installable games. Files of a lot of non AmigaDOS games have been extracted for WHDLoad purpose, making them exploitable without additional memory, isn't it?
Well you could be right about certain animations being doable, but i guess making a cdxl intro would be easier than trying to convert something if it doesnt work ‘out of the box’.

I can’t code, thats why my Lemmings don’t include CD audio! Either the game has to be changed code wise or as JOTD has done is adapted cd32load to tell when it can start and stop music when data isnt being accessed, but as he said its only for games with either a sfx or music option which Lemmings, thats a nice idea to JOTD for a CD soundtrack version after Wonderdog? Btw not all CD versions of Lemmings have CD audio, the original PC CDROM version didnt.

Page generated in 0.04243 seconds with 11 queries