View Single Post
Old 24 June 2018, 10:57   #6
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Don't do it. It is futile to attempt to fix games or demos with CPU adjustments in fastest possible mode. It is only temporary if it even works.

(I am quite sure I have said this many times already)

EDIT: Do you really need "superhires" display panel setting? (It is adds large CPU usage)
I never used "fastest possible" at the maximum setting, but yes, I was adjusting the throttle on the fly when I needed to turn off JIT. It wasn't the best idea, but then anything else I tried would result in the demos looking slow. Maybe the Superhires setting is compounding that? I'll turn it off, compensate with the filter and see how I get on. I'll turn on "filtered low resolution" for those rare times Superhires is actually used in a demo (turned out to be a lot less frequent than I thought).

EDIT: Have just attached current config for A4000.

If "fastest possible" is impractical, then what other options do I have for more speed? As you can see by the config, I'm trying "approx a500/a1200 or cycle exact" with the cpu speed set to the +500% maximum, and it's still mostly too slow to what I'm used to, and I've got JIT set on, and if I need to, I'll click on cycle-exact (chipset) if that is needed instead.

Cycle-exact adds stability, right? The demo I mentioned above, I always had problems with it, until I activated cycle-exact, then it was the most stable I'd ever seen it, and smoother, too.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga 4000.uae (11.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Foebane; 24 June 2018 at 11:15.

Page generated in 0.10149 seconds with 12 queries