View Single Post
Old 16 August 2014, 22:19   #10
tygre
Returning fan!

@modrobert

Unfortunately, in the router ASUS WL-500gp v2, I could not find any way to disable WPA and AES. As far as I can tell, I must choose either "Shared Key" (WEP), "WPA-Personnal" and TKIP, or "WPA2-Personal" and AES.There is also "WPA-Auto-Personal" and the same ones with "Enterprise" instead of "Personal". Any idea how I could only enable WPA?

@amigakit.com

I reinstalled my Workbench and reinstall from scratch NetCPM010 and EasyNet using the disk and CD-Rom and following the instructions coming with the card. I attach the log when selecting "Help -> Configuration Help.." in EasyNet. It says that it uses prism2.device version 1.7.

Then, I installed prism2v2, which installs prism2.device version 2.5. I attach the log from EasyNet as well as the log from C:WirelessManager prism2.device VERBOSE. (In this specific log, I tried to use WEP.)

No matter if I try WEP or WPA, I cannot connect. When using WPA/TKIP, the WirelessManager log file complains that WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect. Reading before this line, I noticed the line EAPOL: Supplicant port status: Unauthorized, which could mean that there could be a misunderstanding between the router and the card... but how could I resolve it?

Besides, others say that the problem could be a frequency problem, when using "ht" (which I guess means "high throughput") but not when using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. How can I set the frequency in my router? I could not find such an option...

Finally, yet others say that my problem could come from the encoding of the passkey but my passkey is just plain ASCII with some majuscules/minuscules, nothing weird.

Any idea what is happening? It really does seem like a hardward compatibility problem, as ncafferkey pointed out earlier but am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 140816 - Prism1.7EasyNetWEP.txt (981 Bytes, 210 views)
File Type: txt 140816 - Prism2.5EasyNetWEP.txt (1.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: txt 140816 - WirelessManager.txt (20.7 KB, 145 views)

Page generated in 0.04786 seconds with 12 queries