View Single Post
Old 07 May 2020, 13:59   #6
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
hey keep cool. It's not buggy it's just very complex. I thought I understood how the game worked (I've coded a few levels of a remake, and a level editor so I know the game pretty well) but it seems I did not, and even now, with the longplay (that you can watch and see for yourself: you can beat the last level), I don't understand how it works.

To get the teleport helmet you have to get exactly ONE silver star, THEN the gold star.

If you have NO silver star, then you get the face mask (waste of gold star, true). If you have more than 1 silver star, you get various weapons (bag of nails, nuke shades, gas tank, etc...). Strange that you didn't notice that earlier. The game interest relies on secret rooms, only based on teleports. There are 1, 2, or 3 secret rooms per level, and 1 warp at each first level of each world (and even a second warp at level 3 of world 1 for the US version).

At level 22 (?) if you teleport, you reach a super bonus room with lots of points and a teleport helmet so you can even teleport back to level 1 and start again (with increased difficulty) instead of completing the game ! I don't know how this can be pulled without cheating though, as it's roughly the same issue: it's very hard to get silver+gold, plus the level is super hard.

Plus, each 5000 points, the bonus switches from normal sweets to specials (10 from silver star, ... to gold star).

It's explained in the manual. But if you follow this on the last level, you get one silver star, and find you don't have enough enemies to kill to get gold star.

One thing that worked for me was to get the glass of fruit juice at the previous level (which makes a big ice cream bonus appear at the "teleport home" level and gets you instant 5000 points, which allows you to get silver star immediately, then gold easily).

In the long play, the guy doesn't do that, and ends up getting silver then gold anyway. That's because he optimizes the scoring and the 5000 point boundary. But I'm still unsure how he pulls that. It seems that the special items don't "reset" to silver star in this case (else you need too many enemies to get gold).

I'll watch the longplay again and the scoring (and will peek at the reverse engineered IDA file that genius Kroah guy sent me). In the meantime if someone can provide a better explanation...

I NEED... I NEED to explain my post

Immediatelly sorry me my frustation but i made this reply during a gameplay and problably after about one hours tryed to beat this level.

I need to say........ to all....for the tones used in the reply.

Come back to reality and after a good night

Anyway, I saved last night a "Save State" at beginning of this level.If I understand correctly whit this this level it's unbeatable because I had to prepare/optimize the beat on previous level ?!?!? No... Please say no i need to restart the games from beginning

I have also see some cheat site there's a level code but apparently there's no way to insert that code on Amiga ADF version..... strange.

Page generated in 0.04947 seconds with 11 queries