View Single Post
Old 19 April 2017, 23:24   #68
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Raspberry Pi has sold over 11 million units
NES classic edition has sold 1.5 million units (despite shortages)
Natami MX bringup thread had 761487 views
Your dueling banjos video has 6860 views
lantus360's CannonBall video has 5252 views

You don't think a 68k computer/console which can play Amiga/CD32, Atari ST, Neo Geo, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, x68000, 68k arcade games, etc. with 68k+FPGA while providing Raspberry Pi like computer features would sell? The NES classic was only the 3rd best selling console in January 2017 and none of these other 68k systems offer that much retro goodness now do they? A 68k system with 1 GB of memory like the Raspberry Pi would never be enough either would it?

I guess we have different opinions on what is "worthy of investment". I don't want to "donate" money for something without a future. I am an investor, Amiga fan, 68k fan and retro computer fan and I want to invest in something which will further those causes. I see the retro interest and all the FPGA talent and work which already exists in the Amiga community but is wasted because of lack of investment, cooperation and leadership. Mass production is the only way to lower prices enough to bring in new customers and a new generation which are necessary to sustain the Amiga. The greatest risk to the Amiga is the current status quo of deterioration followed by certain death. It is this which is not worthy of investment, IMO.
Ok i'm probably missing something but I really dont see how what you describe relates to investing in the original AmigaOS. I thought that this thread was about that. IMHO if you invest in Amiga you'll never get your money back. But thats just an opinion.

My dueling banjos video has made less than $1 of ad revenue. Which considering it took me 2-3 hours to setup and shoot is well below minimum wage. My TF530 card was between 1-2000 hours of work. If i was serious about making money on this project the cards would need to sell for 150-200 GBP per card. Which wouldn't be viable.

Page generated in 0.05117 seconds with 11 queries