View Single Post
Old 26 September 2019, 20:27   #148
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
I think there are a few alternatives actually, are you using classic workbench? I think there was at least one other with it.
Aglaunch
X-bench
Yeah that's right I am. I wondered what AGlaunch was lol. I don't have anything in it's letter named directories though. Might mess about with that. Also I'll look for xbench.

Off topic question. Been messing about with the ACAtool which is for the 1233n card and I was playing about with the maprom function which allows me to change rom. Well I got stuck at one point on 1.3 and eventually had to edit the startup sequence from my pc again to allow me to boot to cf card again and bypassing the rom feature. Anyways I set it up to use 3.1 now and the first time I tired this I used a rom file from my kickstart directory. When I was installing classic workbench part of the tutorial was to replace roms that came with the os and that's what I did and then later it was for whdload to use these roms. Well the first rom I picked didn't allow me back into the card unless I soft reset my amiga. From a cold boot it would just bring me to the 3.1 screen. So I then decided to choose this rom file (see picture) where the mouse pointer is hovering over which has RTB at the end and when I selected this I found the Maprom function appeared to be activated and I could now cold boot and soft reset into the cf card. So after all that I was just wondering what those RTB roms are and why are they smaller than those without the RTB at the end.

[IMG][/IMG]

Page generated in 0.07469 seconds with 11 queries