View Single Post
Old 18 April 2019, 18:28   #1
NotBooting500

Help getting an Amiga 500 to 'see' an original HDD

I'm still pretty new to all things Amiga (I'm old enough to know better, but never had Amigas back in the day)!

I have a fully working 500 with 8A.1 (500+) motherboard, upgraded 1mb chipram and 1.5mb slow ram. It has KS 2.05 ROM and boots reliably from a WB2.1 disk. It also has an extra real floppy drive and a Gotek. I've also successfully transferred adf images to actual disks using Amiga Explorer and a null modem cable.

I've obtained this monster of a HDD unit, made in Germany and called an Amigos. It has a side connector plug and the main unit contains a Seagate ST-250R hard drive. I'm not 100% sure if it even works, but it certainly looks clean and looked after and when powered up the HDD whizzes into life and sound like it's about to take off. The fan also spins, so there is certainly power there.

What are the basic things I need to do to get my Amiga to even see that it now has an HDD? When it's plugged in and turned on, the Amiga starts as normal but doesn't seem to know it has an addition. I'm sure it's something really basic. I found this page which has some info about my HDD:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/amigoshd

It states that the main unit and the expansion plug are compatible with FSE, Golem and Comspec. I downloaded and ran the ProMigos_30 file on my Amiga, but it doesn't seem to do or recognise anything.

Is there an idiots guide to getting original HDDs running on an Amiga!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190418_163031_resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	62830  

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 12 queries