View Single Post
Old 10 January 2016, 15:37   #9
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

It was indeed the Z3 ram memory problem mentioned in idrouge thread. Thank you idrougge.

I was configuring Winuae with 512 mb of Z3 Fast Ram. I dropped to 8mb, the jittering went away. Now there's some garbage showing on screen, but I am pretty sure this is me blitting the bitmap at the wrong position (too tired to check the code right now, I'll do it later).

Now I need to make this code work on Blitz 2.

Quote:
When you say "using graphics library" you mean you are creating and scrolling the screen with the OS graphics.library?
Blitz has two ways to create graphics, one is using "Slices", the other one is using its Display library. It's something from Blitz, not from the OS. Display is newer and slices is considered deprecated from what I gather. Display *should* work on Blitz 2 (it's on Blitz 2 manual), but for some reason, all I get is an empty CLI screen when I try to use it on Blitz 2.

Quote:
The scrolling type and main character remind me a bit of KungFu Master.
I indeed began coding this as some kind of port/remake of Kung-Fu Master The main sprite is heavily inspired by the sprite of the NES version of it, but it has more frames and more moves too.

But then, as it has happened once before when I was thinking about remaking an MSX game for PC, I just thought "What the hell, why not make a full new game out of this?". The game I plan to do has a lot more of features than Kung-fu Master

I still could use the base code for a full fledged port of Kung-Fu Master, I guess

Page generated in 0.06059 seconds with 11 queries