View Single Post
Old 18 July 2011, 16:13   #14
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
One thing I see even in some simple interfaces of other emulators, and that I feel lack in WinUAE, is a menu bar and a toolbar for the main window, integrated in WinUAE as shortcuts to the configuration window.

For example to quickly change configurations, floppies, speaker volume, mouse and joysticks, make screenshots, copy and paste text, and not less important pause and resume the emulation. In a sense, everything that can be done directly on the chassis of a real AMIGA.
I absolutely do not see the need of a toolbar when you can do everything with keys in your keyboard.

Screenshot? Press PRT SCR
Pause? Press PAUSE and so on...

The things i try to learn in the most used emulators are the shortcut keys for pause, print screen, save and load save state etc.

Btw WinUAE has one of the strongest key remaping options in any emu i use. And you can do now what you're saying. You can remap to your keys or controllers most used functions as controlling sound, floppies, emulation speed, mouse, joystick and keys remapping and the list goes on and on. With a bit of work on your side you can have your perfect environment without using a mouse at all.

Check the input panel and see what i'm talking about.

And with a real Amiga chassis remember you only had keys to make CTRL+Amiga+Amiga to reset. You don't need a toolbar for that also in WinUAE

Page generated in 0.04297 seconds with 11 queries