View Single Post
Old 11 March 2017, 23:16   #10
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
The TOSEC adf set would be reduced to the strict minimum if, back in the days, crackers broke only the games they loved or played.
Thanks Vollldo - we absolutely agree on the 'why'

I'm still trying to understand 'Amiga In 2017' but it seems most folks have moved away from standard floppies(?), so my question was more to understand the desire for public release of a standard image - I wasn't sure if there would be any given this title exists in other formats (extended adf, whdload, ipf etc).

I crack/reverse engineer purely for personal enjoyment these days. I've selected platforms/architectures/titles etc that held an interest for me in the past and am working my way through them. For now, I'm back cracking on the Amiga and was between projects when I saw this post. I'd never heard of 'Champ' before, so took a look. Reformatting the longtracks to fit on a standard image (adf) was straightforward but imposed long loadtimes - kind of unavoidable without removing content which I never do.

Improving loadtimes involves much, much, more work than the cracking/reformatting - it's laborious 'low technical return' work, and given the amount of compression will never be ideal - so, for me personally, not super motivating.

I was at a crossroads, I guess, hoping for permission to leave this alone and perhaps inspire someone else to finish it

[ In the end, I did move on to something else, but it's likely I'll return and improve things at some point. ]

Page generated in 0.04321 seconds with 11 queries