View Single Post
Old 20 March 2018, 10:46   #678
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonick View Post
Damien I have another question. Sorry for flooding the forums but I am doing my best to keep up learning how everything works within WINUae. It's a new experience from me.

1. I read that you need to set a graphics card resolution, but somehow my radeon will not let me do this. What are my options? I dont mind black bars as long as I don't lose any parts of the screen. I tried to follow some of your suggestions. Does this look ok?

http://prntscr.com/itj88r
http://prntscr.com/itj8zq
It depends, it seems on Windows 10 that you don't need to set a custom resolution of 720x576.

On Windows 7 however...

Quote:
I tried it with IT CAME FROM THE DESERT but text seemed scaled/filtered weird. The screen aspect ration seemed ok though.
Screenshot please?

It should look like this:

Quote:
2. On another note, IT CAME FROM THE DESERT was slow to load (even with floppy speed 800%) and sluggish when I played a little. Is this normal, or do I need to check the settings again (I may have messed something up)
Shouldn't be slow to load if you've set 800%... still takes time though.

Also, regarding "sluggish". I haven't seen this; watch a YouTube video to compare with how things are for you.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all your efforts, making this collection and answering questions. Setting WINUAE up is as much fun for me as actually playing games again that I used to play 25 years ago. Or as was the case more often than not, playing the games that I always wanted to get 25 years ago but couldn't!
No problem, glad you're enjoying this

Quote:
(Last couple of days I am sleeping 5 hours a day instead of my usual 8, because of this collection. Wife is furious!
ROFL

Page generated in 0.04485 seconds with 11 queries