View Single Post
Old 14 October 2016, 19:49   #96
frank_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
The most I can do right now is try and bookmark your posting. You are aware that you are basically asking for intuition.library to be modified? That's going to take guts.

Just about every RTG solution (Domino, Picasso II, EGS, Retina, CyberGraphX and Picasso96 -- I think that's the whole list) plastered intuition.library with patches which would depend upon certain register configurations and internal data structures to be just so that screens and windows would come out on a graphics card rather than use the built-in Amiga custom chip set.

Modifying intuition.library (and graphics.library, for that matter) and remaining compatible with those RTG solutions will be a tall order. Not necessarily impossible, but quite hard. You know you're in trouble when the changes to be made have to be side-effect and bug-compatible :-/
Heh. I didn't say it'd be easy Maybe we need another thread where people can post feature requests? The dynamic gadget sizing might be problematic, but I'd hope the font spacing on titlebars would be a fairly isolated fix. It used to work that way on 1.x

Thanks for looking at my ramblings though

Page generated in 0.04604 seconds with 11 queries