View Single Post
Old 22 January 2011, 19:48   #1
Albgruys

Problem with El Egg Tronic Quartz demo (Quadlite, 1988) (A500, OCS)

Download location of the demo:
Code:
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/Groups/Q/Quadlite/QUADLITE-Eleggtronicquartz.dms
I tested this demo both with WinUAE version 2.3.0 and 2.3.1. It failed in both versions after pressing left mouse button when the intro is shown, because the df0: drive gets stuck at track 40. Running without CE (cycle-exact) makes no difference.

When testing the demo with old WinUae version 1.4.5 (2007) , it continues loading and runs fine after pressing the left mouse button.

After the first intro screen is loaded and shown, pressing the left mouse button should begin loading the slideshow. But the diskdrive keeps stuck at track 40. Running this disk-image with WinUAE version 1.4.5 (not enclosed) gives NOT this problem and the loading of the slideshow continues and runs as it should.

I made a savestate after running the demo with WinUAE version 1.4.5 right after the loading finished , and loaded this savestate file back into the latest beta (2.3.1). Now the slideshow is shown correctly.

Logfile and savestate files are included. WinUAE version 1.4.5 I cannot include because it exceeds my upload quota on this site.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (4.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: uss QUADLITE-eleggtronicquartz.uss (374.8 KB, 225 views)

Page generated in 0.05486 seconds with 13 queries