Thread: Hail!
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2014, 00:00   #7
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by djukon View Post
Welcome Galder .

If you find Special Reserve member catalogues from late 1991 forward (a UK store which closed some years ago), just look for "(NOP)" after the game titles for the ones that don't work on the A500+. NOP meant "NOt Plus". I might have some of the catalogues/mags of Special Reserve, which I poured countless hours dreaming into, somewhere in my parents' attic, which I won't be getting to soon unfortunately. For the moment, I think there are some Special Reserve limited list adverts in the Amiga Power magazine.

Eventually a neighbor provided me with a KS1.3 disk for loading into 2.0+ machines which loaded the 1.3 ROM into RAM, and stayed in memory until you cold rebooted the Amiga. This means the 500+ was left with probably around 768KB of available RAM, which should be enough for most games which required a 1.3 ROM. In the Special Reserve lists at least I remember Pirates! being one of the buggers that was both NOP and required 1MB, so I guess that one wouldn't work unless you get an A501+ (+1MB chipset memory expansion).

I don't know the KS1.3 rebooter disk's official name. I still have the disk with me, and curiously it was last week checked for errors with XCopy and it is imaged on two of my hard drives. Probably it is in the TOSEC archive, I never got around to figure out what it was. I did see "Relokick" in the archive, to eventually take a look at and confirm.
Thank you for your feedback and nice to meet you This is very useful to know. Fortunately though the amiga has a 2.0/1.3 KS switch that plays everything (due to the 1.3 KS). Next step is to bring my CDTV where I live now. Last time I turned it ON was probably 15 years ago.

Page generated in 0.04248 seconds with 11 queries