View Single Post
Old 26 April 2009, 13:27   #1
Biffco

F1/Grand Prix Manager updated S Rennocks version.

In the mid to late nineties I bought a few disks from a shareware company in the back of one of the Amiga mags at the time. One of them was simply called F1 Manager or Grand Prix manager. I've tried looking for this and i've tried all of the available games such as Formula one masters and formula one challenge. These were coded by Steve Rennocks and are seemingly older versions of the game that I loved.

They are quite similar and I can tell that my game was built on the same platform as the race screen is almost identical but mine had more detail in the car setups e.g. on mine you could set the actual angles of the front and rear wings from 0-100 and would get feedback from the drivers for improvements on setups. The main screen was set in an office with a secretary and each driver came with a basic black and white photo.

Also whereas on the older versions you would start by chossing an existing team but on mine you had to create your own team and pick engines, drivers and the amount of men in your pit crew. Then if you did well in a few races, the phone in your office would be ringing with an offer from another team.

This is probably my favourite game of all time and if anyone knows what i'm talking about or knows how I could get in touch with Steve Rennocks, I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Biffco

Page generated in 0.08826 seconds with 11 queries