View Single Post
Old 23 September 2016, 15:09   #146
DH
Global Moderator

Als, was our main local computer shop, he had everything you could wish for and eventually he simply couldn't compete with the larger stores. He's still there though, although in different premises, but now he sells more junk than anything else, very little in the way of anything computer related, which is a shame

He was my main source of games and joysticks + he was also my main source of the pirate games and software at a reasonable price, which he kept under the counter for the regulars. He was always cautious of anyone new and would ask us regulars if we knew them, and if we didn't it would take him months before any trust was ever gained, usually by means of the odd game etc.

He was also my main source of cover disks, he would descend upon all the local news agents for outdated Amiga magazines and rip the disks off them to offer to us, whether it be for cheap floppies to use, or to add to what was missing in our collections.

All he ever asked of us was not to spread anything about what he did etc, and to this day I don't think he ever got caught.

But with the eventual demise of his computer shop, due to these computer shows popping up, and the internet, he had to turn his attention elsewhere. Funnily enough, he started in the local market, where I bought my very first game for the Zx Spectrum, and it was complete trash, but he quickly moved on to better things until now.

Page generated in 0.06279 seconds with 11 queries