View Single Post
Old 23 May 2018, 11:25   #95
Marle
Pixel Vixen

I have to say I am still a bit baffled at the CD32s recent popularity boost, and positively grimmace at the price games like Flink fetch (not that it's MegaDrive or MegaCD variants are that much cheaper.)

But I guess there are other motivations such as collecting, loving the history, etc. other than playing games, and of course, I still forget that it's now 25 years old (seems like yesterday) so it is a retro system and that does strange things to prices and perceived value. So not knocking anyone who has one or who will pay £300 for one, I'd just sooner drop that money on a SNES Mini and a weekend break in Paris

But along the line's of what Neil of RetroManCave has said in his recent videos, the CD32 does make a good compact WHDLoad machine if you get the extra memory for it for Amiga based games.

I was looking at an old Amiga Format from 1999 and 2000 the other day and Analogic were selling CD32s, controllers, etc. with an SX32 with a 68030 for £149.... I know there's inflation to take account of, but I do find the skyward pricing of CD32s quite 'strange' from a gamer's point of view.

Meanwhile, a SNES Mini has Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Super Metroid..... and is hackable for £79 with two controllers that don't make me want to cry (or need to remortgage my flat hahaha)....And this isn't mentioning games like Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger and Terranigma...Or I can play Akira for the CD32...tough choices

But yes depends on your motivations!

Page generated in 0.04061 seconds with 11 queries