View Single Post
Old 19 April 2018, 12:55   #1
earok

TerribleFire compact flash launcher

No promises, but I'm tempted to start working on a TerribleFire specific launcher (bearing in mind with my other projects it might be a while before I even get started on this, though if someone else wanted to make it - I'd be happy to hand it over!). These are my current ideas:

No frills
Super simple UI, few or no graphics, along the lines of the EverDrive launcher for Mega Drive.

WHDLoad scraper
Search through all directories/subdirectories for ".slave" files and add them to the launcher's database. Possibly have them configured to launch through CD32Load or WHDLoad by default.

CD32Load mapper
Simply let you assign and save your own keyboard->joypad mappings for each button.

CD32 disc installer
This won't work for all discs, particularly ones that use custom CD read routines. But in general, if the contents of a disc can run from a hard disk, it should be fairly straight forward to automate a hard drive install that'd work in most cases. May even be worthwhile installing games that have CD music (allowing better loading times and also letting you swap music discs).

Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.04625 seconds with 11 queries