View Single Post
Old 15 June 2019, 19:24   #213
MartinW

This is a slightly strange view of the world! As far as I am aware, Vampire doesn't attempt to replace a Windows PC or let you launch all of your Windows tools from classic hardware. Emulation is the only thing that can ever be set up to do that really. Vampire is instead the next evolutionary step in 68000 hardware which I think it does quite admirably. Possibly the 128MB of ram is questionable on the 1200 variant but then, there isn't THAT much stuff that would really use more.

[EDIT] And actually, yes, you can go online with 128MB of ram and a 68080. I do exactly that but with the "lesser" 68060 all the time. Whenever I want to grab a file for any of my Amigas, I use my 68060 system that has 128MB of memory and a "plipbox" and at the same time I usually check up on various sites while I'm there - so of course you can go online with 128MB of RAM and a 68000 family CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If Vampire had been more advanced as a technology I would have been the first to buy it, in 2019 you can not go online with 128 MB of RAM and a CPU 68080.
Going online today means following TV in Streaming, it means watching a Flm in Straming and working simultaneously on Office or the Web.
Well, indeed bad, the Vampire does not allow all this, WinUAE instead somehow allows me to do this, allows me to have a modern RTG system powerful and functional, allows me to start from the Workbench Firefox or Chrome and all other Windows applications with a Click with Winlauch tool from the Workbench.

Page generated in 0.04336 seconds with 11 queries