View Single Post
Old 26 July 2019, 19:29   #667
DofD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
If people sat down in an office or such environment to use a PC for Word Processing or something and and the 486 PC had Windows 3.11 with Calmira II not much would be said now what do you think would happen if it was Workbench 3.x?
I would say of all the people I know that work in offices, that use word processors and office productivity software (lets all use VisiCalc!), other than maybe 3 people, the rest would have zero clue as to what to do with Windows 3.11, never mind the classic word processor. Those offices would come to a crashing halt in minutes, there would be sobbing, tears, blood pressure spikes, etc.

Though I think I see the point you're trying to make. If we take an above average office drone with above average computer/technical skills, sat them down with a well configured Windows 3.11 machine and a well configured Amiga Workbench 3.x machine, both with word processors, email, spreadsheets, presentation software, etc., I think after a period of adjustment, both the Amiga and the Windows machine would be on even ground and possibly the Amiga having the lead.

Page generated in 0.04125 seconds with 11 queries