View Single Post
Old 15 August 2007, 23:47   #1
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Amithlon Setup Guide

Mods feel free to move if there's a better place...

Having witnessed the mind-bending frustration of another forum member while trying to install Amithlon onto their system.
To name but a few understandable comments!
-did you get there in the end?-

I came the the conclusion that it's MUCH harder than I remember. ( Isn't memory a funny thing? )

So...
I've spent the last few days assembling a guide to installing Amithlon.
The first release should be available in the next day-or-three and I'll post a link to files on this thread.

Why..?
Amithlon is great! ( Once you get it working )
Honestly, you've no idea what our favorite OS is capable of without good RTG, AHI, and the equivalent of a ghz 68040 to back it all up. Never mind access to modern / useful stuff like USB devices etc...

And why..?
It seems 'other guides' are lacking a 'certain something', like: 'I've never installed Amithlon before, please explain what you're on about and stop making assumptions.'
'BTW: Where do I go to get the files and ( many ) updates that seem to be scattered over the entire web?'
Don't worry:
My guide explains it all in life-sapping detail. Also I've pulled those hard to find updates, drivers, etc into one place, AND added a few pre-made files of my own to help over the tricky bits.

Please note this software is not 'free'. You need a boxed set to legally use Amithlon.*
*according to some sources it was never fully kosher in the first place!
- Another glorious debacle courtesy of A(_._).STinc -

The first release will be a bit rough.
Feedback would be appreciated. Further questions, fine.
It will be improved greatly ( pretty .pdf's etc ) if there's interest...

Don't have a copy of Amithlon to hand? Take a look anyway, you may feel moved to find one.

*Edit*
First draft done:

..:Here's the link:..
->Amithlon Guide<-
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Best of luck.

Last edited by Charlie; 19 August 2007 at 00:56. Reason: Adding the link...

Page generated in 0.08559 seconds with 11 queries