View Single Post
Old 17 September 2019, 15:06   #9
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
Well, I checked the linked result (.library) with IRA and that is where the question came from. I use -sc but I see 32 bit reloc jumps in the code.
Hmmm... yes. The reason is in the linker libraries, not in your code. Even if you compile with -sc and -sd and link with -lvcs, the vcs.lib itself was only compiled with -sd, but not with -sc. So all calls from the vcs.lib are absolute.

I wonder if I should change that for the upcoming release. When you link with a small-data library, does it make sense to always have small-code as well? Probably.

Quote:
It is a rewrite of my powerpc.library from asm to C for educational purposes (to start with and later for ease of maintenance).
You seem to have too much time!

Quote:
What happens is that AUTOINIT is off and the libinit function sets up the tables etc (initresident/makelibrary etc). The 68K functions remain in FAST RAM, the PPC functions need to be in a different kind of RAM (attr $2005) where also the library base will be. This memory s not available yet at the init of the library.
Ok. The PowerOpen-ABI code should be more or less PC-relative anyway. As I understand you only have to allocate the library base structure in $2005-RAM and put everything in it. Doesn't that work?

Quote:
Regarding the answer from bebbo, it looked a lot of manual work. I thought maybe it was supposed to be easier, my bad. Can it be done in C as your example is in asm?
Sure. Just start your first init-function with the __saveds attribute. The code generator will emit code for setting up A4 in the function header.

Quote:
You're last point is a good one. I should utilize the library base better.
Yes. See above. Perhaps you don't even need to set up small data for m68k.

Page generated in 0.15982 seconds with 11 queries