Thread: WinUAE QEMU PPC
View Single Post
Old 21 September 2014, 10:38   #99
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
Thanks a lot for the great number of answers.
No answer in 2 days: I forgot to reply.

Quote:
"Stopped M68K CPU idle mode" slider: with the left or middle position the hard drive image won't run, with the right position it is working.
"Not working" report = you do know what it means. Also, "works for me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
Yesterday; b16 was firing OS4.1.
- after a reboot ctrl+a+a system is really weird. I have grimreaper poping up in boot process, or just after (so I do "reset" on winuae window).winuae doesn't crash, but sometimes it says last user was not closed properly.
Reset working strangely was mentioned in b16 changelog. Fixed in next beta.

Quote:
- network I don't know why; but ping doesn't work (no reply), when traceroute works...
slirp does not support ICMP protocol, UDP and TCP only.

Quote:
- it seems that if i don't attach a hard drive or cdrom in scsi accelerator, then I can't go in cyberstorm boot menu
Yes you can, you need to be faster or enable 1s delay option in misc panel. You also may need to press ESC, release it, press it again and keep it pressed.

Quote:
- it seems that if I do for exemple remove the cdrom is hd&cd config in winuae, it's not always taken into account (better close winuae and relaunch)
Not all options work without restart.

Quote:
still, I hope i would be able to see pc drives at starup (hangs the boot actually), or simply attach a directory from pc side, those things doesn't work actually.
Hightly unlikely (at least not without support and more), it depends heavily on m68k code being executed by UAE m68k, not some software emulator.

Quote:
Actually, the only thing I haven't managed to resolve is how to affect more memory to the system, it seems I can add Z3 ram without crashing anything, but it doesn't seems to show up in OS4 (and it was said somewhere in winuar forums that os4 has to be patched, too technic for me^^).
OS4 only support accelerator on board RAM. Emulator can't remove software limits.

Page generated in 0.04115 seconds with 11 queries