View Single Post
Old 07 June 2017, 06:54   #12
PeterK

(Moved this post down from #10.)

You can insert a floppy or a CD image at runtime and also eject the floppy again, but it seems not to be possible to eject the CDs with the gadget at the window bottom (except with <F12> in WinUAE).

When the boot system is installed in a Windows directory instead of a HDF, ADF or CD then a message appears and claims there is no bootable media mounted. This (PowerPC Boot) requester can be ignored and the system will start successfully from a Windows directory, too.

Although such a Windows directory is assigned as a bootable drive DH0: in the media list already, no HDD gadget appears at the bottom and indicates disk access with a blinking LED.

Update:
Only the Workbench 3.X crashes WinUAE if you try to reset the emulation with the recycle gadget at the top or the keyboard gadget at the bottom of the window. This does not happen with the other systems and there is no problem with the <F12> WinUAE reset.

---------------

Workbench 3.X uses workbench.library 45.127 and icon.library 45.1 but an old Workbench preferences program v44 which has no switch to enable "Images in other memory". WB 3.5 has a small tool from Stephan Rupprecht that can be used to load icons into FastMem: WBCtrl IMT=ICONFAST. http://www.stephan-rupprecht.de/

Or you could also use my small command (and source code) "IconsToFastMem" which works with icon.library 45.1, too. Unfortunately that icon.library always wastes at least a little amount of ChipMem without any good reason. You already wanted to replace it 3 years ago, so what are your worries now still not doing it, Mike?

I would also change the WB 3.X screenmode from 8-bit to 32-bit which makes direct drawing to the gfx-card memory possible, could result in better icon colors and keeps more pens free for applications if this and some other features are supported.

---------------

The "Software Director" for the Amiga Forever update handling is installed by default, but it doesn't appear as an icon in the Windows Start menu. It's hidden in "Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Cloanto\Software Director". Maybe it's also launched through Help=>"About Amiga Forever"=>Updates ?

There seem to be some small typos in the help file in the AmigaOS versions table. OS 3.5 is V44 and OS 4.0 is V52, as far as I know. (V46 is just for me. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmigaOS_versions.png
Views:	279
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	53351  

Last edited by PeterK; 12 June 2017 at 16:44.

Page generated in 0.05066 seconds with 12 queries