View Single Post
Old 19 September 2003, 12:52   #13
manicx

The was officially presented in WOA99. I was in the show and I have photos from the computer+ a few slides from the presentation that took place. I may scan them and post them here.

woodshed57, if you attended that show, you should have know that Jim Collas had a vision and was moving towards that vision. I talked to the guy at that show (I was actually chatting with him all the time before the show) and he was down to earth.

This was not a set top box, but a real computer that was going to be based on the Transmeta family of CPUs. It was originally going to be shipped with QNX, but after moving to Transmeta, they got a deal with Torvalds (who helped in the design of Transmeta) for a heavily customized version of Linux as the next version of Amiga OS. Bear in mind that many former Amiga engineers were involved in the project and it was looking very promising.

Unfortunately, Gateway only wanted to use the name and not develop new hardware. Typical eh? Bunch of wankers just like the Tulip idiots! The project was sucked, Jim Collas was sucked, Bill McEwan and Fleecy Moss were sucked. Many moons later, the Fleecy and Bill decided to take control of Amiga. The saga continues (?)!

Page generated in 0.08958 seconds with 11 queries