View Single Post
Old 15 March 2017, 22:41   #48
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
It's no wonder your OS crashes if your installation medium has gone bad. Would happen under 3.1 and 1.3 as well.
Yes, for sure, bad CF will even have Windoze choking, but that wasn't what I tried to say (I also obviously know that Screen Prefs works in OS39 as my old install is OS39 (and it works fine basically))
What I tried to say is that particular moment I realized the CF had gone bad I really wished I had chosen the much quicker OS3.1 install. (= less wasted time.. I do this like every 5 years, so I don't have a good/quick routine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
People tend to fixate on the crap in OS 3.9 instead of focusing on the fact that the core OS has been updated. You can throw out the crap from 3.9 just as easily as you can add it to 3.1.
OS3.9 has served me well for a couple of years now, so I have no intention of bashing it or implying its a "bad" thing, and the numerous bug fixes and modernizations are welcomed, but tbh these days when my Amigas mostly run the occasional game and demo and not used for everything else I used to do on it in the late 90 I think I prefer the "lightweight" OS3.1 after all.

Or maybe I should go "All in" and try something like AKReal

@thread : sorry for drifting OT

Page generated in 0.04877 seconds with 11 queries